Another Storm – What to do?
Generators are no longer a luxury you cannot afford, but a reasonable investment for your home and family’s safety and comfort. Estimates are free and customized to your home’s needs.
We also offer Generator Maintenance Contracts, Service and Accessories if you already have a generator at your home.
For more information and to help be prepared in the event of a storm, click here for NJ’s Hurricane Survival Guide. You can also visit the NJ Office of Emergency Management Website for more Hurricane Preparedness Tips. We have also complied a list of tips as well:
- Put together a supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate.
- If you are not advised to evacuate, be sure to have enough supplies you need. In the event of losing power and/or water loss and you are unable to travel, this is very important.
- Make a family emergency communication plan.
- Check to see if your community has a text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications.
Tips to Prepare your Home
- Strong winds can cause trees and branches to fall, so before hurricane season, trim or remove damaged trees and limbs.
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear any clogged areas or debris to prevent water damage.
- Be sure to secure and reinforce the roof, windows and doors, including the garage doors.
- Purchase a portable or whole house generator. Remember to keep generators and other alternate power/heat sources outside, at least 20 feet away from windows and doors and protected from moisture; and NEVER try to power the house wiring by plugging a generator into a wall outlet.
Protect yourself and your home against storms and power outages. Alpine is proudly a licensed Briggs and Stratton, Generac and Kohler Dealer and has been installing new generators and doing generator maintenance and repair for many years. With climate changes and devastating storms in our area, generators are no longer a luxury you cannot afford. Alpine offers a variety of affordable models, designed for your needs. With severe weather and power outages, the damage to your home, computers and electronic equipment, spoilage and other effects of no power, you cannot afford NOT to have one.
Click here to find out even more about Generators.
What kind Generator do you need? Click here to use the interactive Generator Selection Tool.
To ensure your generator continues to run efficiently, check out information on a Generator Maintenance Contract.