Fall Energy Saving Tips
Crisp, sunny days and clear, cool nights provide the perfect opportunity to open your windows and enjoy the weather (and the energy savings). We’ve compiled a list of Fall Energy Saving Tips for you as we exit Summertime. Here’s how to keep those energy savings going all season long:
- Schedule a Furnace Tune-Up – A well-maintained system will save you money by operating more efficiently and reducing the likelihood of a costly breakdown – at the most unfortunate time!
- Turn your heat down – When you are not home and when you are asleep. A programmable thermostat is a perfect way to save on your energy bill.
- Take advantage of “free” sun – Open south-facing window curtains to let the sun naturally heat the room. Close at night to reduce the chill.
- Rearrange your furniture – Move your sofa and chairs near interior walls, so they’re out of the drafts that can come in through exterior walls and windows.
- Change Light Bulbs – Replace the five most frequently used lights with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs). These produce less heat and wast less energy.
- Cover drafty windows
- Find and seal air leaks
- Reduce heat loss from your fireplace – keep damper closed when not in use
- Take a Service Contract – For full-time coverage and seasonal Tune-Ups combined.